
More adventures of low-cost, or no-cost decorating...
Okay, it wasn't free. But it didn't cost me anything to make it! I painted it with an old canvas I had not used, and $1.95 craft paint I already had. It took me two evenings, the first to do the faded blue background, the second to do the vines and flowers. It's completely silly, froofy and girly. Sometimes I wonder if I could have applied myself to a more serious art form. But would it be as much fun? I LOVE painting the silly stuff for kids. I love painting cartoon dinosaurs, trains and all sorts of kid stuff. The painting is about 22" wide, and the best part is that I can probably hang it in any direction. The colors in real life look better, than my cell phone camera can show.
When Sadie saw it this morning she was grinning from ear to ear, and told me she loved it. I'll take that high praise from a four-year-old, over a gallery showing any day.

No comments:
Post a Comment