Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sippy Party!

This week we had a - what I am calling- a sippy cup party. I gathered all the kids on the couch. (which is no small feat considering how they cannot sit still for more than two seconds) Then I announced that they are all BIG KIDS now! Yay! And because they are such big kids, they don't need sippy cups anymore! Yay! I made up a song on the spot that goes something like this: "We don't need no sippys! We are really big now! We don't need no sippys! We are really big now!" Then, singing the song we marched around the living room with a plastic trash bag and collected all the sippys, (where Brent had stashed them, Easter-egg style). They ran about like it WAS Easter, collecting the sippy cups and tossing them away. Then we all walked the bag out to the trash can and said our goodbyes to the sippy cups. The kids were waving and shouting their goodbyes - it was awesome. I am brilliant. Tonight Sadie asked if she could have a sippy before bed. Zack leans over to her and whispers "We're big kids now!" and she looks at me and says "Oh, yeah, I'm too big for sippys now."
I rock.