Little Ellary Anne was born on February 15th, beautiful and healthy. I am finally recovered and doing great. We have moved to a house in Escondido, and if you are wondering what it is like to pack and move when you are one month postpartum, (with 3 year old twins and a five year old, too) I think I can sum up the experience with the phrase: "like chewing glass soaked in lemon juice". I don't recommend it.
We are here temporarily, and things will be rolling for us soon. But until we have Brent's job situation sorted out, we are in limbo, waiting. I miss Temecula! I didn't think I would get so attached to one place, since we have moved so much since we got married 8 years ago. (This is place #6)
Ellary is really the center of our world right now. The three kids adore her beyond belief. They kiss and cuddle her, and each kid talks about her like she is their own little baby doll. I feel so lucky that there is no jealousy. She is a really good baby. I feel really lucky. I nurse her during the day, but at night if I give her a bottle of formula right before bedtime, she sleeps through the night. What a blessing that is!
The kids are adjusting as well as kids can. Zack seems to be struggling more than the twins. We are working on that, as we expected some trials to pop up, as children with autism don't take change really well. Brent and I are getting through this tough time with a lot of laughing, and a lot of praying. I know it will be over before we know it, and I will have hard-luck stories to hold over my kids when they complain about their 'tough' teenage lives. Just like my parents had for me. It's a circle of life kind of thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment