So if you didn't hear already, Brent is one of the thousands of lucky people to be suddenly free and unfettered by the giant, soulless cooperate machine. At least that is how I am choosing to see this sudden turn of events. (Not like Brent, who sees us riding on the railway car to a new cardboard box address.) No, sir! I am looking at this like the positive, life affirming trial that I might someday see it as. Call it pre-reminiscing. It wasn't a genuine surprise, since he watch 70% of his coworkers get the ax over this last year. Considering that it is an engineering firm that designs subdivisions for new houses, we knew things were going to slow down. But still, getting laid off is what happens to other people- like car wrecks, or cancer, or embarrassing yourself on a Fox reality tv show. It's something that other people miserably stumble into, not us. I have to admit, my day to day life is much the same, Brent gets online and searches for a job for hours. It's kind of like he's at work, only he can join us for lunch, help with dinner and bath the kids, too. Plus he let's me sleep in, so could really get used to this. If it weren't for the fact that we do need money to eat.
Well, without further ado, here are 10 reasons I am glad Brent got laid off...
1. He can't tell me about his long day at the office as an excuse to get out of mopping the floor! Yay!
2. The kids think every day is Saturday!
3. Someone other than me has to chat with Zack's chatty bus driver.
4. Every night is date night. Brent actually stays up until 10 PM - Who is this guy?!?
5. I am able to leave my house in the middle of the day and take no kids with me. It rocks!
6. No more worrying about keeping within the budget! If it's not food, we don't need it!
7. If he gets bored, I can point him in the direction of the nearest twin-made mess.
8. We bought Sea World passes before he got laid off - We've been three times in two weeks! Every day can be Sea World Day!
9. Now I have someone around to kiss who doesn't have peanut butter on their face.
10. No more late nights worrying he might get laid off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so sorry you guys have to go through this-but it is good to see there are a few positive aspects. ;-) Loved this "Every day can be Sea World Day!" lol
We will keep your family in our prayers.
Love,
Krista
Awww! heather, If I pay for your gas and food, will you come up for a visit??? Miss you guys!
Post a Comment