Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The baby's gender & my birthday...

We were originally not going to find out the gender of this baby until it was born, however, I just can't stand it anymore. My next sonogram is on my birthday, and by 4 PM I should know the gender of this little sprout. I am 100% sure it is a boy, simply because I want another girl so badly. My blessings are always mixed like that: I finally got pregnant...but Brent is laid off. Having a baby...but baby is a boy. There is nothing wrong with boys, I just seek balance in my universe and I have 2 boys and 1 girl. I want an even playing field. Sadie needs an ally...or nemesis. However you look at it, it will be good for her. Plus, all those adorable fluffy dresses I have in storage are too pretty to sit in the box.
In my family of 7 kids, you were lucky if they remembered your birthday month, let alone the actual day. THIS year I have leverage. They are going to have to call me to wish me a happy birthday if they want to know the gender. When I announced that, TWO of my sisters had to be told when my birthday is. How sad.
Today I am at week 25 only 15 more to go. More or less. Probably less. I can't seem to keep the darn kids gestating that long. Which is probably for the best. My bladder can only withstand a limited amount of kung-fu kicks, before I decide to punish this kid by naming it something awful, just to get even with him. Like "Bumpy" Wride. Or Parker Wride. That one is a shame, I like the name Parker.
Oh, well. Chances are that it is going to be No-Name Wride, since we cannot come up with a boy's name we both like.

No comments: