Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I dream of birdies

I am afraid of Sissy's new cockatoo. I don't care if people think I'm weird, but I am seriously afraid of birds that are large enough to follow up on the threats that it conveys to me with its' soulless eyes. I just know that one of these days its' going to suddenly leap on my face, gouge out my eyes with it's huge talons and giant pincer-like beak, and poop in the sockets. That's what I think every time I see that feathered beast.

So, last night I had a dream about the evil bird. He was white, with a shimmer of green, like a demon from hell. His eyes were wild and gleaming red in the afternoon sun. It swooped towards me and I realized it's talons were as long as my fingers, and its' beak was sharpened to a razor-like point. It leaped on my shoulder, daring me to complain as it sunk its' talons into my arm. I hoped that it thought I was friendly, since I let him jump on me.
Suddenly, he leaped up into the air and grabbed a small black bird that was flying overhead. I tried to run for cover, but as I ran, the cockatoo pounced down on the back of my neck. It thrashed the black bird against the base of my skull like a cat shakes a mouse. The poor black bird's head cracked and shattered against mine. I felt the blood of the little bird dripping down my neck. The evil cockatoo had a death grip on me with his talons sunk into my neck and shoulder. I could not dislodge him while he ghoulishly feasted. I was looking to anyone to help me. Sissy then appeared and after assessing the situation she commented in her totally "impartial" way that she always does: "He's harmless, He wouldn't hurt a fly. He's just a big sweetheart." The bird hopped off of me and soared over head.
The last thing I remember before I woke up was crouching in a box trying to stay still so the bird wouldn't find me.
That evil bird gave me that dream as a warning of what he will do to me someday.

I hate that bird. I hate that bird. I hate that bird.

Those beasts live to about 60 years, so if I don't dance on his dead body someday, I assure you that my final wish to my children will be that one of them will piss on his grave.

I hate that bird. I hate that bird. I hate that bird.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Follow up- she got rid of that bird. I danced my dance of joy.